Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cinnamon, Oh Cinnamon

So we have established that my obsession with Fall is in full swing! That paired with my obsession with my brand new kitchen is making Daniel quite fat. Every time he comes down for work there is a whole new thing that I have decided to bake. I absolutely love baking, its my comfort blanket kind of like Linus in the Peanuts! Seriously, when I stress out my loved ones generally come home to find something like 100 cupcakes all frosted and decorated. I do not even generally eat sweets, but I just love the smells, the absolute perfect recipes that have been handed down for years and the way it lights up my favorite little one's face! Growing up my favorite cookie was a snickerdoodle and it always has been! My mothers recipe was good but after the first day they would harden and you could build houses with them! (Sorry Mom!!!) So I tinkered around with the recipe and changed a few things around and VOILA! Perfect snickerdoodles! Next year I am going to try and mess around with maybe pumpkin ones or apple ones! But one thing that any good Southern Woman knows is that you always share your recipes with those you love! SO here yall go!

DSC_0207

Jacqueline's Fantastic Snickerdoodles
1/2 Cup of Butter
1/2 Cup of Shortening
1 1/2 Cups of White Sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 3/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
2 tsps Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt


Cinnamon Sugar:
2 tbsp White Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon



Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Cream together butter, shortening,white sugar, the eggs, and the vanilla.
3. In a bowl sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in four parts.
5. Shape the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I use a melon baller)
6. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar! (The best part for the little ones to help with)
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes on parchment paper (Until set but not too hard) remove immediately from the baking sheet!



DSC_0206


I hope that everyone enjoys this recipe!
Happy Thursday everyone! My lovely mother and I are headed out to the mountains this weekend to pick apples, go to the awesome craft breweries and wineries, and just spending time together!

What are yall doing for the first weekend of fall!?!

2 comments:

tara simone said...

These cookies look so sweet and soft, Wish I could pick one off the page! Thanks for the share, and spreading this on pinterest!
SGBG <3
www.thesls.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Here in SC, I'm going to pretend that the weather is cool and the leaves are turning and falling....and then I'm going to make some crockpot chili and cornbread with honey drizzled on top. A snickerdoodle would make a nice finish to that meal!

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena