Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whats for Dinner Wednesday?!

I am starting a new thing! I wanted a way that I could share some of my favorite recipes with yall because I am truly passionate about cooking for my friends and family! Seriously. I force food on people more than I probably should... OH well !

Daniel and I have had a rough past few weeks due to an excessive amount of working on his part and a lack of working on mine. It is causing those stupid fights that everyone has when they get way too stressed. We had a really good talk about it last night and I think that we made great progress! So he has been begging me to make him his favorite chicken casserole for weeks and today being a gross rainy day Im going to make some tonight! Warning! This recipe is not even close to healthy! Its the epitome of yummy fattening comfort food!


Ingredients!
1 box of "Rice Sides" (I use the herb and butter one)
1 package of Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 an 8 ox Container of Sour Cream
1/2 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Can of Cream of Mushroom
2 Chicken Breasts (Cooked and Shredded)
1 Can Fried Onions
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preparation!
Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the boxed rice side as instructed. Usually in the last five or so minutes I throw in the mushrooms so they can begin to start cooking. When the it is completed add the sour cream and the soups in to the pot and mix together until just combined! Next add in the shredded chicken breasts and pour into a baking dish of your choice, I usually use a 9x13 but if you would like it thicker you could place it in an 9x9. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, remove and add fried onions and sprinkle the finely shredded cheddar on top and bake for 5 more minutes! 

Take out of the oven and enjoy yourself! This is my favorite comfort food and is perfect for rainy days when you really dont feel like doing anything! I hope yall enjoyed my first try at this! I would appreciate any feedback!

xoxo 
J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this chicken casserole sounds really good right now! I'm definitely going to try this out...thanks for sharing!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Sometimes you just NEED comfort food!

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena