Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wino Wednesday: Virginia Wineries



Hey yall! I am joining in on the fun of Wino Wednesday, because lets get forreal... I love wine more than anything! And my family shares the same passion! Especially for wine from Virginia! Because this is my first post I will talk about my favorite Virginia Wines!!


Horton Winery has been one of my favorite wineries for pretty much....ever. My mother had a rule that you could drink wine underage only at Sunday Dinner which is a crazy huge thing in our family that usually has no less than 9 guests per week. Horton has a wonderful selection of wines including my ultimate favorite... Cranberry! Perfect for fall right? Their Chateau Le Cabin (Fruit Wines) are absolutely delicious and are some of those "woopsy" wines... you know, the kind that on your fourth glass your realize you are absolutely plastered and cant stand up! Their winery is absolutely magical and is located in Orange County VA! If you are ever up there I highly recommend going up there for a visit!

DSC_0027
Mountain Cove Vineyards in Nelson County VA is Virginia's oldest winery! Its small one-man operated winery is absolutely charming and so quaint! The tastings are free there(DOUBLE BONUS) and they have one of the best apple wines I have every had. Their fruit wines contain absolutely no grapes (As opposed to Horton's, which are a blend) so they are a pure fruit wine with absolutely amazing flavor. I love my experience of venturing down the dirt roads and up the side of a mountain to experience the pure "rawness" that was their vineyard.


Okay so my favorite local winery is Saudé Creek Vineyards in New Kent County. My mother and I have spent a few days out there just sitting on that amazing porch, drinking wine, and laughing. My mother's boyfriends family love it so much there they spend most Sundays there! I love the atmosphere, its so welcoming and fresh. My absolute favorite wine by them is the Saudé Creek Blush, which is described on their websites as "A soft, rosy semi-dry blend deriving much of it’s distinctive character from the Touriga grape, our Saudé Creek Blush introduces itself with a round, fruity nose and follows with notes of blackberry and apple, and a subtle hint of peach. A superb accompaniment to fish, chicken, sushi and good conversation."



Me at one of the many wine festivals we have been to this summer!

What are yall's favorite local wineries?!

2 comments:

Aubrey S. said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to join the party. I'll have to keep my eyes open for your VA wines down here at some of the specialty shops. And maybe a roadtrip for wine tasting needs to be planned.

Thanks for linking up for Wino Wednesday. Have a fabulous day!

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you on the Southern Girl Blog Directory and am a new follower! I live in Northern VA now but grew up in Madison County (near Charlottesville). My husband and I love Narmada Winery and if you're ever in the area I'd highly suggest it. Their dessert wine is to die for and we always come home with at least two bottles.

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena