Thursday, September 19, 2013

Falling Back Into Things {DIY &Update Post}

So the past few months have been absolutely crazy for Daniel, Snow, and I! We moved our entire lives down the road a bit so I have spent the past month unpacking all of the craziness! I also had a shoulder surgery that pretty much put me on my behind for a solid 6 weeks. I couldnt even drive yall! But luckily all of that nonsense is over and we can start getting back to normal! The first thing I unpacked naturally was my cookbooks! They are now proudly on display in my kitchen!

DSC_0179

Snow is settling in nice as well, he loves having the space to run around and play. We live so close to the water that every night he demands that we go and play in the water. Most nights Im enjoying sitting on my nice back deck area and he comes running up with the harness and just whines until I take him. His new favorite spot however is in the kitchen by the back door. I find him here regularly, I think because he loves the sun shining on him and plus... He's just plain nosey.

DSC_0204

The cool air this week has made me crave everything fall, So just like every other season I start the great hunt for things to decorate my house with and every recipe that I could possibly bake(Coming in a later blog post). However, I don't know if yall have been to the store to buy a wreath recently but... they are ridiculously expensive. I am sorry, but I refuse to pay 40 dollars for something that is hanging on my door...SO! I did what any other southern lady would do. I went home and looked in my email for those lovely Joann's coupons. If you dont get them, you can sign up Here!! Turns out I could use like four of them! So I went in search of the perfect things to put on my wreath!

DSC_0199

I ended up buying these lovely orange and maroon silk hydrangeas, a roll of 4 inch wide burlap, and a 14' wreath form all for 8 dollars! Seriously! The coupons are totally worth it! So I came home and got to work putting it together! All I needed was a hot glue gun, which I already had! So I excitedly spent 15 minutes wrapping the whole wreath form in burlap and hot gluing it as I went! Then I just attached the hydrangeas with florist pins and hot glue and Voila! Instant fall!

DSC_0197

What are yall doing to get in the mood for fall?!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

What am I doing to get in the mood for fall? Waiting to go apple picking with my favorite Jacqueline!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on my fall bucket list since fall starts on Sunday! I bought a new autumn flag today for just $5 ~ ready to do a little decorating.

Jacqueline Your said...

AWE! Rebecca! I cant wait to see you either!

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena