Monday, December 17, 2012

Work Christmas Party


So I work at a Brewery, like a place that makes beer. And tonight is the annual Christmas party, and contrary to anyone's idea of what a Brewery Christmas Party would be like, mine is at a 5 star restaurant in town that just happens to sell our beer. So I will be a busy little elf today trying to get ready and bake a little something for tonight! So after hours and hours of searching pinterest I have decided to use A Spicy Perspective's recipe for Mexican Mocha Crinkle Cookies! 

Recipe: Mexican Mocha Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 Tb. instant coffee granules (not coffee grounds)
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tb. vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Instructions

  1. Using an electric mixer, beat the cocoa powder, sugar, oil, instant coffee granules, cinnamon, cayenne, baking powder, and salt together until well combined.
  2. Beat in the vanilla and eggs, then scrape the bowl. Slowly add in the flour. The dough will look like brownie batter. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm enough to roll by hand.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  4. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, then place each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar and coat thoroughly, before placing on a baking sheet. Space the ball at least 3 inches apart.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheets before moving.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s) + 2 hour(s) chill time Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4 dozen



So I am terribly excited about that! I love baking it is seriously one of my passions! Last night I freaked out and had no idea what on earth I was going to wear to this event so I rushed like I always do to Jcrew! 


Im pairing this dress with my Red sequin Cardigan from last year and a pair of dark forest green flats! I am so terribly excited to have this dress! I have been staring at it for probably 2 months trying to up the nerve to just bite the bullet and get it! Merry Christmas to me! 


I hope yall's day is just as merry and bright!
xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena