Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project Time!


So it turns out when you move in with the love of your life, you have to cook for them. No problem for me! I love to cook. But I found myself craving those things I had eaten at my family's houses and I knew Daniel was feeling the same way. So I reached out to all of the gifted ladies in my family and in his! And I got my first letter back today! Daniel's grandmother is one of the nicest most amazing people I have ever met. She truly is a genuine person and everything I strive to be as a housewife, mother, and a person. 


This picture is from when Daniel's parents make Apple Butter every year! (Excuse my not so stylish hoodie) The girl in pink is Daniel's little brother's girlfriend Brittany, then his mother, and grandmother! All of these ladies are super strong and I cannot wait to call them all my family(Officially).  The recipes that Grandma Lutz sent me are beyond amazing and things I dont even have recipes for! I really cannot wait to try them out! 

Family recipes are cherished for generations to come and often passed down through the years! That is one of the main reasons I started this project. My grandmother cherishes three recipes that her grandmother has written on a piece of newspaper. I think she knows them by heart but the handwriting really makes it special for her. I absolutely adore going to old book stores and finding cookbooks from the 50's and 60's that have someone's handwritten recipes in them. Its the best feeling ever! 

I think I want to expand this great search for amazing recipes to my followers! If you want to participate then please let me know! I have no problem giving out my address! The only rules are they have to be on 4x6 cards and handwritten! I love new recipes and I may try out one a week and put them on the blog with you credited of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Yall Come In And Stay Awhile, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena